Saturday, April 24, 2010

To Dread or Not To Dread.........

That is the question. I have been admiring the dreads on the heads of several amazing ladies in the blogosphere. I love the look of dreadlocks. I love the idea of not having to worry so much about my hair. And Amazingly, my husband thinks I would look kinda sexy with them (good answer, baby!).

So what's stopping me you ask? Fear, of course. What if I don't like them? What if they don't look good on me? Will people judge me? What will my mom say? Why do I care?

I'm at about 75% of yes. So I'm very close to committing. My 15 year old daughter, Sierra, will do them for me. I prefer the look of crotcheted dreads. I think they look a little more polished, less bed-headish, ya know? She is going to watch a youtube video on how to do the crotchet method. I just need to work on raising my confidence level a wee bit. Because sister, you gotta have confidence to carry this look!



What do you think? Are you a fan of dreads like me? Share your thoughts.:) Check out this Dreaded Mama Pool on Flickr.
.

Blessings,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment