Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Have a Hug and a Smile!

We need four hugs a day for survival. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for growth. -Virginia Satir


I was submitting a couple of articles today for rawmom.com and therawdivas.com. I send them to an awesome lady named Aran. I've never met her in person but we correspond through cyberspace. Aran is in charge of getting all the articles sorted out for Tera. She is the kind of person that always seems kind, caring and positive. All of her emails include her signature *hug*.

Today, after she received my articles she asked how I was doing. Well, you know how sometimes you say "I'm  fine" even when your not?  We don't like to burden people with our problems do we? I felt compelled to email  her back and tell her about my week of sick kids and no sleep. She emailed me right back with some warm words and many *hugs*. I know it's only in an email, but I really felt it. I needed it. Thank you Aran!

I thought about how important it is to give and receive hugs. We are definitely a hug deficient world, aren't we? There is a video on youtube that came out a few years ago about a guy named Juan Mann who made a sign that said FREE HUGS. He stood out on a busy street and was ready to give FREE HUGS to all that consented. It is painful to watch at first because so many people just pass him by. Finally, a little old lady stops and he gets down on his knees and they hug. It makes you smile. It's what the world needs, Less fighting and more hugging.


Now go hug someone!

*HUGS*
Christy

Enjoy the FREE HUG video!

1 comment:

  1. We can never have too many hugs in this life..

    Go hug someone today and make them feel good....

    *hug*

    Aran

    ReplyDelete